Department of ZOOLOGY
1. Name of the department : Zoology
2. Year of Establishment : 2003
3. Names of programmes/ Courses offered (UG, PG, M.Phil., Ph.D., Integrated Masters; Integrated Ph.D., etc.) : UG
4. Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved : Biochemistry, Bioanthropology, Environmental Studies and Regional Development.
5. Annual/semester/choice based credit system(programme wise) : Semester system which was introduced in 2010.
6. Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments : NIL
7. Courses in collaboration with other universities,industries,foreign institutions,etc. : NIL
8. Details of courses/programmes discontinued (if any) with reasons : NIL
9. Number of teaching posts
Asst. Professors 6
10. Faculty profile with Name, Qualification, Designation, Specialization, (D.Sc./D.Litt./Ph.D/M.Phil.etc.,)
Name Qualification Designation Specialization No. of years of Experience No.of Ph.D
Students guided for the last 4 years
1. T. Nabakumar Singh M.Sc. Asst.Prof./ Principal-in-charge Entomology 28 Nil
2. H. Subadani Devi M.Sc. Asst.Prof./
HOD Fishery 25 Nil
3. Wanglar Alphonsa Moyon M.Sc. Asst.Prof. Entomology 18 Nil
4. T. Ramananda Singh M.Sc. M.Phil Asst.Prof. Environmental Biology 12 Nil
5. SK. Peilun Lamkang M.Sc. Asst.Prof. Fishery 11 Nil
6. Celine Roel Rengrii M.Sc. Asst.Prof. 04 Nil
11. List of senior visiting faculty : NIL
12. Percentage of lectures delivered and practical classes handled (programme wise) by temporary faculty : NIL
13. Student – teacher ratio(Programme wise) : 65:1
14. Number of academic support staff(technical ) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled : 02 (Two)
15. Qualifications of teaching faculty with D.Sc/D.Litt/Ph.D/M.Phil/PG.
D.Sc D.Litt Ph.D M.Phil P.G
NIL NIL NIL 1 5
16. Number of faculty with ongoing projects from
a) National : One Minor Project sponsored by UGC–NERO, Guwahati has been completed in the year 2013 by T. Nabakumar Singh, Principal-in-charge.
b) International funding agencies and grants received : NIL
17. Departmental projects funded by DST-FIST;UGC,DBT,ICSSR,ETC. and total grants received : NIL
18. Research Centre/Facility recognized by the university : NIL
*Publication per faculty : NIL
* No. of papers published in peer reviewed journal : NIL
* No. of publications listed in International Database : NIL
* Monographs : NIL
* Chapters in books : NIL
* Booked Edited : NIL
* Books with ISBN : NIL
* SNIP : NIL
* SJR : NIL
* Impact factor : NIL
* h-Index : NIL
20. Areas of consultancy and income generated : NIL
21. Faculty as members in
a) National committees : NIL
b) International Committees : NIL
c) Editorial Boards : NIL
22. Students projects
a) Percentage of students who have done in-house projects including inter-departmental/programme : NIL
b) Percentage of students placed for projects in organizations outside the institution i.e. in Research Laboratories/Industry/other agencies : NIL
23. Awards/Recognitions received by faculty and students : NIL
24. List of eminent academicians and scientists/visitors to the department : NIL
25. Seminars/Conferences/Workshops organized & the source of funding
a) National : NIL
b) International : NIL
26. Student profile programme/course wise:
Name of the course/programme Applications received Selected Enrolled Pass percentage
B.Sc I/II Semester 123 123 68 55
B.Sc III/IV Semester 227 227 123 104
B.Sc V/VI Sem(Hons) 30 30 17 13 100%
B.Sc V/VI Sem(Gen) 15 15 13 02 100%
*M = Male * F = Female
27. Diversity of students
Name of the course % of students from the same state % of students from other States % of students from abroad
B.Sc General 100% NIL NIL
B.Sc Honors 100% NIL NIL
28. How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such as NET,SLET,GATE,CIVIL services,Defence services, etc.? : NA
29. Student progression : NA
Student progression Against % enrolled
UG to PG
PG to M. Phil.
PG to Ph. D
Ph. D to Post –Doctoral
● Campus selection
● Other than campus recruitment
* The Department does not have a mechanism to note the details of the above Data.
30. Details of Infrastructural facilities
a) Library : NIL
b) Internet facilities for Staff &Students : NIL
c) Class rooms with ICT facility : 1(one)
d) Laboratories assistance : 1 Lab. Asst. & 1 Lab Attd.
31. Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies : Most of the students belong to ST, SC, OBC and MOBC and hence they enjoy all the financial assistance given by the government and other agencies.
32. Details on student enrichment programmes (special lectures/workshops/seminar) with external experts : NIL
33. Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning : Lecture & Demonstration Method, Assignment, Field Work, Internal Zoological study tour, etc.
34. Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility (ISR) and Extension activities : State Level Quiz, Exhibition, NSS Activities.
35. SWOC analyses of the department and future plans.
• Dedicated and well experience teachers.
• Two teachers are undergoing Ph.D.
• One teacher is a M.Phil. Degree Holder.
• One teacher is the Principal in charge of the College.
• One teacher is a member of the Manipur University Paper Evaluation Team of all the Semester Examination.
• Inadequate Laboratory Equipments.
• Lack of Departmental Library.
• Teachers have opportunity to attend in Seminars, Workshops, Refresher Course etc conducted by UGC and others.
• Teachers can take up Minor/Major Projects.
• Courses are completed through extra classes in spite of bandhs and strikes.
• To have a separate departmental Library.
• To organize of State/National level workshops, seminars and conferences.
• Improvement of Laboratory equipments.
• Teachers to take up more Minor/ Major projects.