Department of THADOU KUKI
1. Name of the department : Thadou Kuki
2. Year of Establishment : 2013
3. Names of programmes/Courses offered(UG,PG,M.Phil.,Ph.D., Integrated Masters;Integrated Ph.D.,etc.) : UG
4. Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved : NIL
5. Annual/semester/choice based credit system(programme wise) : Semester system.
6. Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments : NIL
7. Courses in collaboration with other universities,industries,foreign institutions,etc. : NIL
8. Details of courses/programmes discontinued (if any) with reasons : NIL
9. Number of teaching posts
Asst. Professors 1
10. Faculty profile with Name, Qualification, Designation, Specialization, (D.Sc./D.Litt./Ph.D/M.Phil.etc.,)
Name Qualification Designation Specialization No. of years of Experience No. of Ph.D
Students guided for the last 4 years
M. Tongmilen Haokip Post Graduate Assistant Professor / HOD 07 NIL
11. List of senior visiting faculty : NIL
12. Percentage of lectures delivered and practical classes handled(programme wise) by temporary faculty : NIL
13. Student – teacher ratio (Programme wise) : 22:1
14. Number of academic support staff (technical ) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled : NA
15. Qualifications of teaching faculty with D.Sc/D.Litt/Ph.D/M.Phil/PG.
D.Sc D.Litt Ph.D M.Phil P.G
NIL NIL NIL NIL 1
16. Number of faculty with ongoing projects from
a) National : NIL
b) International funding agencies and grants received : NIL
17. Departmental projects funded by DST-FIST;UGC,DBT,ICSSR,ETC. and total grants received : NIL
18. Research Centre/Facility recognized by the university : NIL
*Publication per faculty : NIL
* No. of papers published in peer reviewed journal : NIL
* No. of publications listed in International Database : NIL
* Monographs : NIL
* Chapters in books : NIL
* Booked Edited : NIL
* Books with ISBN : NIL
* SNIP : NIL
* SJR : NIL
* Impact factor : NIL
* h-Index : NIL
20. Areas of consultancy and income generated : NIL
21. Faculty as members in
a) National committees : NIL
b) International Committees : NIL
c) Editorial Boards : NIL
22. Students projects
a) Percentage of students who have done in-house projects including inter-departmental/programme : NIL
b) Percentage of students placed for projects in organizations outside the institution i.e. in Research laboratories/Industry/other agencies : NIL
23. Awards/Recognitions received by faculty and students : NIL
24. List of eminent academicians and scientists/visitors to the department : NIL
25. Seminars/Conferences/Workshops organized & the source of funding
a) National : NIL
b) International : NIL
26. Student profile programme/course wise:
Name of the course/programme Applications received Selected Enrolled Pass percentage
BA I/II Semester 10 10 06 04
B.Sc I/II Semester 12 12 08 04
*M = Male * F = Female
27. Diversity of students
Name of the course % of students from the same state % of students from other States % of students from abroad
BA I/II Semester 100% NIL NIL
B.Sc I/II Semester 100% NIL NIL
28. How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such as NET,SLET,GATE,CIVIL services,Defence services, etc.? : NA
29. Student progression : NA
Student progression Against % enrolled
UG to PG
PG to M. Phil.
PG to Ph. D
Ph. D to Post –Doctoral
● Campus selection
● Other than campus recruitment
* The Department does not have a mechanism to note the details of the above Data.
30. Details of Infrastructural facilities
a) Library : NIL
b) Internet facilities for Staff &Students : NIL
c) Class rooms with ICT facility : NIL
d) Laboratories assistance : NA
31. Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies : Most of the students belong to ST, SC, OBC and MOBC and hence they enjoy all the financial assistance given by the government and other agencies.
32. Details on student enrichment programmes(special lectures/workshops/seminar) with external experts: NIL
33. Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning : Lecture, Motivation & Interactive based.
34. Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility(ISR) and Extension activities : NSS Activities.
35. SWOC analyses of the department and future plans.
Although the Department has only 1(one) teacher, he is very dedicated and managed the Department whole-heartedly. He is the sole Thadou Kuki Paper Evaluator for the 1st & 2nd Semester at Manipur University. He has contributed services towards the development and welfare of the Thadou Kuki Student Communities and Literature Society as well.
• The Department needs more teachers.
• Lack of reference books and study materials.
• Opportunity to participate in Workshops, Seminars, Orientations & Refresher courses organized by UGC or Others.
• To take up Minor/Major projects.
• To impart and enhance more the literary knowledge of Thadou Kuki to the younger generations through the students.
• To increase the student strength.
• To upgrade the department to have general course.