Department of Political Science
1. Name of the department : Political Science
2. Year of Establishment : 1981
3. Names of programmes/Courses offered(UG,PG,M.Phil.,Ph.D., Integrated Masters;Integrated Ph.D.,etc.) : UG
4. Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved :
Regional Development in 3rd Semester.
5. Annual/semester/choice based credit system(programme wise) : Semester system which was introduced in 2010.
6. Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments : NIL
7. Courses in collaboration with other universities,industries,foreign institutions,etc. : NIL
8. Details of courses/programmes discontinued (if any) with reasons : NIL
9. Number of teaching posts
Asst. Professors 6
10. Faculty profile with Name, Qualification, Designation, Specialization, (D.Sc./D.Litt./Ph.D/M.Phil.etc.,)
Name Qualification Designation Specialization No. of years of Experience No.of Ph.D
Students guided for the last 4 years
1. Kh. Khelendra M.A. Asst.Prof. Local Government 33 NIL
2. S.Rame Singh M.A. Asst.Prof./ HOD 33 NIL
3. N.Ramo Singh M.A. Asst.Prof. Political Thought 29 NIL
4. S.Haridas M.A. Asst.Prof. Regional Studies with Indian Economy 29 NIL
5. A.Dhanakumar M.A. Asst.Prof. Gandhian Thought 27 NIL
6. Esha Vicky Ngoruw M.Phil/UGC-NET Asst.Prof. 11 NIL
7. Mayrose Ngoruh M.A. Asst. Prof. 5 NIL
11. List of senior visiting faculty : NIL
12. Percentage of lectures delivered and practical classes handled(programme wise) by temporary faculty : NIL
13. Student – teacher ratio(Programme wise) : 55:1
14. Number of academic support staff(technical ) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled
15. Qualifications of teaching faculty with D.Sc/D.Litt/Ph.D/M.Phil/PG.
D.Sc D.Litt Ph.D M.Phil P.G
NIL NIL NIL 1 6
16. Number of faculty with ongoing projects from
a) National : NIL
b) International funding agencies and grants received : NIL
17. Departmental projects funded by DST-FIST;UGC,DBT,ICSSR,ETC. and total grants received : NIL
18. Research Centre/Facility recognized by the university : NIL
*Publication per faculty : NIL
* No. of papers published in peer reviewed journal : NIL
* No. of publications listed in International Database : NIL
* Monographs : NIL
* Chapters in books : NIL
* Booked Edited : NIL
* Books with ISBN : NIL
* SNIP : NIL
* SJR : NIL
* Impact factor : NIL
* h-Index : NIL
20. Areas of consultancy and income generated : NIL
21. Faculty as members in
a) National committees : NIL
b) International Committees : NIL
c) Editorial Boards : NIL
22. Students projects
a) Percentage of students who have done in-house projects including inter-departmental/programme : NIL
b) Percentage of students placed for projects in organizations outside the institution i.e. in Research laboratories/Industry/other agencies : NIL
23. Awards/Recognitions received by faculty and students : NIL
24. List of eminent academicians and scientists/visitors to the department : NIL
25. Seminars/Conferences/Workshops organized & the source of funding
a) National : NIL
b) International : NIL
26. Student profile programme/course wise:
Name of the course/programme Applications received Selected Enrolled Pass percentage
BA I/II Semester 153 153 80 73
BA III/IV Semester 144 144 88 56
BA V/VI Sem(Hons) 59 59 39 20 100%
BA V/VI Sem(Gen) 26 26 13 13 100%
*M = Male * F = Female
27. Diversity of students
Name of the course % of students from the same state % of students from other States % of students from abroad
BA Semester 1 & 2 100% NIL NIL
BA Semester 3 & 4 100% NIL NIL
Ba Semester 5 & 6 100% NIL NIL
28. How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such as NET,SLET,GATE,CIVIL services,Defence services, etc.? : NA
29. Student progression : NA
Student progression Against % enrolled
UG to PG
PG to M. Phil.
PG to Ph. D
Ph. D to Post –Doctoral
● Campus selection
● Other than campus recruitment
* The Department does not have a mechanism to note the details of the above Data.
30. Details of Infrastructural facilities
a) Library : NIL
b) Internet facilities for Staff &Students : NIL
c) Class rooms with ICT facility : NIL
d) Laboratories assistance : NA
31. Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies : Most of the students belong to ST, SC, OBC and MOBC and hence they enjoy all the financial assistance given by the government and other agencies.
32. Details on student enrichment programmes(special lectures/workshops/seminar) with external experts : NIL
33. Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning : Lectures, Class test, Home Assignment etc.
34. Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility(ISR) and Extension activities : NSS Activities.
35. SWOC analyses of the department and future plans.
The Department has 3 (three) experienced senior teachers. S.Rame Singh, HOD, has one publication: Guide series for BA Semester Paper 1-10(both General & Honors). N.Ramo Singh has completed one UGC Minor Project. Dhanakumar has attended three Refresher Courses on Political Science and Esha Vicky has completed her M.Phil and is also NET qualified.
The Department do not have Departmental Library or a separate Departmental room.
Teachers have the opportunity to participate in National as well as International level workshops, seminars, refresher courses and conferences organized by the University Grants Commission. The department also has the opportunity to give coaching classes for competitive and other job oriented exams.
The attendance of the students needs to be checked for improvement. To reform the present system of education to maintain quality education- Discouraging Mass copying, unfairness and other unhealthy systems of exams.
i. To have a separate departmental Library and teachers’ room.
ii. To organize State/National level workshops, seminars, refresher courses and conferences.
iii. To organize educational excursions and study tours.