Department of PHYSICS
1. Name of the department : Physics
2. Year of Establishment : 2003
3. Names of programmes/ Courses offered (UG, PG, M.Phil., Ph.D., Integrated Masters; Integrated Ph.D., etc.) : UG
4. Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved : Chemistry and Mathematics(Complimentary Course).
5. Annual/semester/choice based credit system(programme wise) : Semester system which was introduced in 2010.
6. Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments : NIL
7. Courses in collaboration with other universities,industries,foreign institutions,etc. : NIL
8. Details of courses/programmes discontinued (if any) with reasons : NIL
9. Number of teaching posts
Asst. Professors 3
10. Faculty profile with Name, Qualification, Designation, Specialization, (D.Sc./D.Litt./Ph.D/M.Phil.etc.,)
Name Qualification Designation Specialization No. of years of Experience No.of Ph.D
Students guided for the last 4 years
1. M. Rasmani M.Sc. Asst.Prof./ HOD Solid State Physics 27 Nil
2. H. Jamuna M.Sc. Asst.Prof. Electronics 19 Nil
3. Ksh. Nandini
M.Sc. Asst.Prof. Nuclear Physics 11 Nil
11. List of senior visiting faculty : NIL
12. Percentage of lectures delivered and practical classes handled(programme wise) by temporary faculty : NIL
13. Student – teacher ratio(Programme wise) : 12:1
14. Number of academic support staff(technical ) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled : NIL
15. Qualifications of teaching faculty with D.Sc/D.Litt/Ph.D/M.Phil/PG.
D.Sc D.Litt Ph.D M.Phil P.G
NIL NIL NIL NIL 3
16. Number of faculty with ongoing projects from
a)National : NIL
b) International funding agencies and grants received : NIL
17. Departmental projects funded by DST-FIST;UGC,DBT,ICSSR,ETC. and total grants received : NIL
18. Research Centre/Facility recognized by the university : NIL
*Publication per faculty : NIL
* No. of papers published in peer reviewed journal : NIL
* No. of publications listed in International Database : NIL
* Monographs : NIL
* Chapters in books : NIL
* Booked Edited : NIL
* Books with ISBN : NIL
* SNIP : NIL
* SJR : NIL
* Impact factor : NIL
* h-Index : NIL
20. Areas of consultancy and income generated : NIL
21. Faculty as members in
a) National committees : NIL
b) International Committees : NIL
c) Editorial Boards : NIL
22. Students projects
a) Percentage of students who have done in-house projects including inter-departmental/programme : NIL
b) Percentage of students placed for projects in organizations outside the institution i.e. in Research Laboratories/Industry/other agencies : NIL
23. Awards/Recognitions received by faculty and students : NIL
24. List of eminentacademicians and scientists/visitors to the department : NIL
25. Seminars/Conferences/Workshops organized & the source of funding
a) National : NIL
b) International : NIL
26. Student profile programme/course wise:
Name of the course/programme Applications received Selected Enrolled Pass percentage
B.Sc I/II Semester 11 11 09 2
B.Sc II/IV Semester 27 27 20 07 90%
*M = Male * F = Female
27. Diversity of students
Name of the course % of students from the same state % of students from other States % of students from abroad
B.Sc I/II Semester 100% NIL NIL
B.Sc II/IV Semester 100% NIL NIL
28. How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such as NET,SLET,GATE,CIVIL services,Defense services, etc.? : NA
29. Student progression : NA
Student progression Against % enrolled
UG to PG
PG to M.Phil.
PG to Ph.D
Ph.D to Post –Doctoral
● Campus selection
● Other than campus recruitment
30. Details of Infrastructural facilities
a) Library : NIL
b) Internet facilities for Staff &Students : NIL
c) Class rooms with ICT facility : 1(one)
d) Laboratories assistance : 2(1 Lab. Asst. & 1 Lab. Attd.)
31. Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies : 38 Students.
32. Details on student enrichment programmes (special lectures/workshops/seminar) with external experts : NIL
33. Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning : Lecture cum Demonstration Method, Tutorial Classes, Class Test, Home Assignment.
34. Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility (ISR) and Extension activities : State Level Quiz, Exhibition, NSS Activities.
35. SWOC analyses of the department and future plans.
• The Department has 3 (three) dedicated and well experienced teachers.
• One of the teachers is undergoing Ph.D degree.
• Lack of Departmental Library.
• Lack of Departmental Laboratory Equipments.
• Teachers have opportunity to attend in Seminars, Workshops, Refresher Course etc conducted by UGC and others.
• Encouraging the students to take up Physics Honours.
• To have a separate departmental Library and teachers’ room.
• To organize of State/National level workshops, seminars, refresher courses and conferences.
• To organize educational excursions and study tours.