Department of Physical Education
1. Name of the department : Physical Education Health Education & sports.
2. Year of Establishment : 2013
3. Names of programmes/Courses offered(UG,PG,M.Phil.,Ph.D., Integrated Masters;Integrated Ph.D.,etc.) : UG
4. Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved :
The teachers teach Physical Education, Health Education & sports to B.Sc 1st and 2nd Semester students.
5. Annual/semester/choice based credit system(programme wise) : Semester system which was introduced in 2010.
6. Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments : NIL
7. Courses in collaboration with other universities,industries,foreign institutions,etc. : NIL
8. Details of courses/programmes discontinued (if any) with reasons : NIL
9. Number of teaching posts
Asst. Professors 6
10. Faculty profile with Name, Qualification, Designation, Specialization, (D.Sc./D.Litt./Ph.D/M.Phil.etc.,)
Name Qualification Designation Specialization No. of years of Experience No.of Ph.D
Students guided for the last 4 years
Angpong Augustine Roel M.P.Ed/ UGC-NET HOD Sports Training 12 NIL
Ngamthen Serbum Moyon M.P. Ed Assistant Professor Sports Management 04 NIL
11. List of senior visiting faculty : NIL
12. Percentage of lectures delivered and practical classes handled(programme wise) by temporary faculty : NIL
13. Student – teacher ratio(Programme wise) : 4:1
14. Number of academic support staff(technical ) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled : NIL
15. Qualifications of teaching faculty with D.Sc/D.Litt/Ph.D/M.Phil/PG.
D.Sc D.Litt Ph.D M.Phil P.G
NIL NIL NIL NIL 2
16. Number of faculty with ongoing projects from
a) National : NIL
b) International funding agencies and grants received : NIL
17. Departmental projects funded by DST-FIST;UGC,DBT,ICSSR,ETC. and total grants received : NIL
18. Research Centre/Facility recognized by the university : NIL
*Publication per faculty : NIL
* No. of papers published in peer reviewed journal : NIL
* No. of publications listed in International Database : NIL
* Monographs : NIL
* Chapters in books : NIL
* Booked Edited : NIL
* Books with ISBN : NIL
* SNIP : NIL
* SJR : NIL
* Impact factor : NIL
* h-Index : NIL
20. Areas of consultancy and income generated : NIL
21. Faculty as members in
a) National committees : NIL
b) International Committees : NIL
c) Editorial Boards : NIL
22. Students projects
a) Percentage of students who have done in-house projects including inter-departmental/programme : NIL
b) Percentage of students placed for projects in organizations outside the institution i.e. in Research laboratories/Industry/other agencies : NIL
23. Awards/Recognitions received by faculty and students : NIL
24. List of eminent academicians and scientists/visitors to the department : NIL
25. Seminars/Conferences/Workshops organized & the source of funding
a) National : NIL
b) International : NIL
26. Student profile programme/course wise:
Name of the course/programme Applications received Selected Enrolled Pass percentage
B.Ped III Semester 8 8 6 2
*M = Male * F = Female
27. Diversity of students
Name of the course % of students from the same state % of students from other States % of students from abroad
B.Ped 100% NIL NIL
28. How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such as NET,SLET,GATE,CIVIL services,Defence services, etc.? : NA
29. Student progression : NA
Student progression Against % enrolled
UG to PG
PG to M. Phil.
PG to Ph. D
Ph. D to Post –Doctoral
● Campus selection
● Other than campus recruitment
* The Department does not have a mechanism to note the details of the above Data.
30. Details of Infrastructural facilities
a) Library : NIL
b) Internet facilities for Staff &Students : NIL
c) Class rooms with ICT facility : NIL
d) Laboratories assistance : NA
31. Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies : NIL
32. Details on student enrichment programmes(special lectures/workshops/seminar) with external experts : NIL
33. Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning : Lecture Method
34. Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility (ISR) and Extension activities : NSS Activities
35. SWOC analyses of the department and future plans.
Both the teachers are very dedicated and UGC NET Qualified with area of interest in sports specialization in Basketball and Football respectively.
The department lacks in the number of teaching staffs. At present, it is managed by only two teachers . The department also lacks in the games & sports equipments. There are only few physical education & sports books in the college library. The major problem faced by the department is irregularity of the students in classroom learning.
The college provides the teachers to undergo Teacher training programmes like Orientation, Refresher course, Workshops and Seminars etc…. Teachers also get the opportunity to undertake Minor Research projects under UGC. To enrich the students in the field of Organisation and Administration, the college permits the department to host Inter – college tournaments at the college.
The top most priority of the teachers is to resolve the problem of irregularities of the students in classroom attendance.