Department of MATHEMATICS
1. Name of the department : Mathematics
2. Year of Establishment : 2003
3. Names of programmes/ Courses offered (UG, PG, M.Phil., Ph.D., Integrated Masters; Integrated Ph.D., etc.) : UG
4. Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved : Chemistry and Physics(Complimentary Course).
5. Annual/semester/choice based credit system(programme wise) : Semester system which was introduced in 2010.
6. Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments : NIL
7. Courses in collaboration with other universities,industries,foreign institutions,etc. : NIL
8. Details of courses/programmes discontinued (if any) with reasons : NIL
9. Number of teaching posts
Asst. Professors 5
10. Faculty profile with Name, Qualification, Designation, Specialization, (D.Sc./D.Litt./Ph.D/M.Phil.etc.,)
Name Qualification Designation Specialization No. of years of Experience No.of Ph.D
Students guided for the last 4 years
1. N. Somorendro Singh M.Sc. Asst.Prof./ HOD Theory of Relativity 26 NIL
2. Naorem Tikendrajit Singh M.Sc. Asst.Prof. 04 NIL
3. N. Samuel Beringsha M.Sc. Asst.Prof. 04 NIL
4. Paonam Surjit Kumar Singh M.Sc. Asst.Prof. 04 NIL
5. Wanglar Mophawar Moyon M.Sc. Asst.Prof. Applied Mathematics 01 NIL
11. List of senior visiting faculty : NIL
12. Percentage of lectures delivered and practical classes handled(programme wise) by temporary faculty : NIL
13. Student – teacher ratio(Programme wise) : 8:1
14. Number of academic support staff(technical ) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled : NIL
15. Qualifications of teaching faculty with D.Sc/D.Litt/Ph.D/M.Phil/PG.
D.Sc D.Litt Ph.D M.Phil P.G
NIL NIL NIL NIL 5
16. Number of faculty with ongoing projects from
a) National : NIL
b) International funding agencies and grants received : NIL
17. Departmental projects funded by DST-FIST;UGC,DBT,ICSSR,ETC. and total grants received : NIL
18. Research Centre/Facility recognized by the university : NIL
*Publication per faculty : NIL
* No. of papers published in peer reviewed journal : NIL
* No. of publications listed in International Database : NIL
* Monographs : NIL
* Chapters in books : NIL
* Booked Edited : NIL
* Books with ISBN : NIL
* SNIP : NIL
* SJR : NIL
* Impact factor : NIL
* h-Index : NIL
20. Areas of consultancy and income generated : NIL
21. Faculty as members in
a) National committees : NIL
b) International Committees : NIL
c) Editorial Boards : NIL
22. Students projects
a) Percentage of students who have done in-house projects including inter-departmental/programme : NIL
b) Percentage of students placed for projects in organizations outside the institution i.e. in Research Laboratories/Industry/other agencies : NIL
23. Awards/Recognitions received by faculty and students : NIL
24. List of eminent academicians and scientists/visitors to the department : NIL
25. Seminars/Conferences/Workshops organized & the source of funding
a) National : NIL
b) International : NIL
26. Student profile programme/course wise:
Name of the course/programme Applications received Selected Enrolled Pass percentage
B.Sc I/II Semester 11 11 09 2
B.Sc II/IV Semester 27 27 20 07 90%
*M = Male * F = Female
27. Diversity of students
Name of the course % of students from the same state % of students from other States % of students from abroad
B.Sc I/II Semester 100% NIL NIL
B.Sc II/IV Semester 100% NIL NIL
28. How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such as NET,SLET,GATE,CIVIL services,Defence services, etc.? : NA
29. Student progression : NA
Student progression Against % enrolled
UG to PG
PG to M. Phil.
PG to Ph. D
Ph. D to Post –Doctoral
● Campus selection
● Other than campus recruitment
* The Department does not have a mechanism to note the details of the above Data.
30. Details of Infrastructural facilities
a) Library : NIL
b) Internet facilities for Staff &Students : NIL
c) Class rooms with ICT facility : NIL
d) Laboratories assistance : NIL
31. Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies : Most of the students belong to ST, SC, OBC and MOBC and hence they enjoy all the financial assistance given by the government and other agencies.
32. Details on student enrichment programmes (special lectures/workshops/seminar) with external experts : NIL
33. Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning : Lecture Method, Tutorial Classes, Class Test & Assignment.
34. Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility (ISR) and Extension activities : State Level Quiz, Exhibition, NSS Activities.
35. SWOC analyses of the department and future plans.
• The Department has 5 (five) dedicated and teachers.
• Lack of Departmental Library.
• Lack of Inadequate Departmental Laboratory Equipments.
• Teachers have opportunity to attend in Seminars, Workshops, Refresher Course etc conducted by UGC and others.
• The teachers managed to complete the syllabus through extra classes in spite of bandhs and strikes.
• To have a separate departmental Library and teachers’ room.
• To organize of State/National level workshops, seminars, refresher courses and conferences.
• Improvement of Library and Laboratory equipments.