Department of FOOD PROCESSING & ENGINEERING
1. Name of the department : Food Processing and Engineering
2. Year of Establishment : 2014
3. Names of programmes/Courses offered(UG,PG,M.Phil.,Ph.D., Integrated Masters;Integrated Ph.D.,etc.) : UG
4. Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved : Nil
5. Annual/semester/choice based credit system(programme wise) : Semester System .
6. Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments : Nil
7. Courses in collaboration with other universities,industries,foreign institutions,etc. : Courses is funded by UGC.
8. Details of courses/programmes discontinued (if any) with reasons : NIL
9. Number of teaching posts
Asst. Professors 4
10. Faculty profile with Name, Qualification, Designation, Specialization, (D.Sc./D.Litt./Ph.D/M.Phil.etc.,)
Name Qualification Designation Specialization No. of years of Experience No. of Ph.D
Students guided for the last 4 years
Neema Moirangthem Post Graduate Assistant Professor Biotechnology 8 months NIL
Sarangthem Joshila Devi Post Graduate Assistant Professor Biotechnology 8 months NIL
Deeenthang Roel Post Graduate Assistant Professor Biotechnology 8 months NIL
Ningombam Shivdutta Singh Post Graduate Assistant Professor Biotechnology 8 months NIL
11. List of senior visiting faculty : NIL
12. Percentage of lectures delivered and practical classes handled (programme wise) by temporary faculty : NIL
13. Student – teacher ratio(Programme wise) : 12:1
14. Number of academic support staff(technical ) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled : NIL
15. Qualifications of teaching faculty with D.Sc/D.Litt/Ph.D/M.Phil/PG.
D.Sc D.Litt Ph.D M.Phil P.G
NIL NIL NIL NIL 4
16. Number of faculty with ongoing projects from
a) National : 1 (one) b) International funding agencies and grants received : NIL
17. Departmental projects funded by DST-FIST;UGC,DBT,ICSSR,ETC. and total grants received : NIL
18. Research Centre/Facility recognized by the university : NIL
*Publication per faculty : * No. of papers published in peer reviewed journal :
Neema Moirangthem - 02(National)
* No. of publications listed in International Database : 02
* Monographs : NIL
* Chapters in books : NIL
* Booked Edited : NIL
* Books with ISBN : NIL
* SNIP : NIL
* SJR : NIL
* Impact factor : NIL
* h-Index : NIL
20. Areas of consultancy and income generated : NIL
21. Faculty as members in
a) National committees : Nil
b) International Committees : Nil
c) Editorial Boards : NIL
22. Students projects
a) Percentage of students who have done in-house projects including inter-departmental/programme : NIL
b) Percentage of students placed for projects in organizations outside the institution i.e. in Research laboratories/Industry/other agencies : NIL
23. Awards/Recognitions received by faculty and students : NIL
24. List of eminent academicians and scientists/visitors to the department : NIL
25. Seminars/Conferences/Workshops organized & the source of funding
a) National : NIL
b) International : NIL
26. Student profile programme/course wise:
Name of the course/programme Applications received Selected Enrolled Pass percentage
B.Voc (Food Processing And Engineering) 70 50 10 40
*M = Male * F = Female
27. Diversity of students
Name of the course % of students from the same state % of students from other States % of students from abroad
B.Voc (Food & Processing And Engineering) 100% NIL NIL
28. How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such as NET,SLET,GATE,CIVIL services,Defence services, etc.? : NA
29. Student progression : NA
Student progression Against % enrolled
UG to PG
PG to M.Phil.
PG to Ph.D
Ph.D to Post –Doctoral
● Campus selection
● Other than campus recruitment
30. Details of Infrastructural facilities
a) Library : NIL
b) Internet facilities for Staff &Students : NIL
c) Class rooms with ICT facility : NIL
d) Laboratory assistance : NIL
31. Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies : Most of the students belong to ST, SC, OBC and MOBC and hence they enjoy all the financial assistance given by the government and other agencies.
32. Details on student enrichment programmes(special lectures/workshops/seminar) with external experts : NIL
33. Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning : Motivation &Interactive based.
34. Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility(ISR) and Extension activities : Nil
35. SWOC analyses of the department and future plans.
The Department has qualified, well efficient and dedicated teachers. All the teachers are specialized in each of the specialization papers in their Post Graduate. There is a functional Laboratory where the students are trained for practical purposes.
As the college does not have a bus of its own, On-time attendance of the teachers as well as the students is hindered. Students’ attendance is not that satisfactory according to the expected level of number.
The teachers also have the opportunity to participate in any UGC organized Orientation Courses, Refresher Courses, Workshops, Seminars etc. As the college is located in a diversified area, it gives the teachers the advantage for Research work on any community/tribe. The students are also exposed to new and developing field of food market in the state and have a good chance of being recruited by NGO’s and Private Food Companies.
I. To motivate the students in maintaining good attendance and attending the classes.
II. To help and encourage the students in inculcating their ideas and learning in the pursue of their career.
III. To make the teaching learning system an innovative one for both teachers and students.
I. To have a Departmental Library
II. To organize more State/National Seminars,Workshops & Conferences.
III. To have Masters Degree.