Department of ENVIRONMENTAL SCIENCES
1. Name of the department : Environmental Sciences
2. Year of Establishment : 2003
3. Names of programmes/Courses offered(UG,PG,M.Phil.,Ph.D., Integrated Masters;Integrated Ph.D.,etc.) : UG
4. Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved : The teachers teach Environmental Studies of the B.A./B.Sc. 4th Semester.
5. Annual/semester/choice based credit system (programme wise) : B.A. 3 Years Degree Course and Semester System was introduced in the year 2010.
6. Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments : NIL
7. Courses in collaboration with other universities,industries,foreign institutions,etc. : NIL
8. Details of courses/programmes discontinued (if any) with reasons : NIL
9. Number of teaching posts
Asst. Professors 3
10. Faculty profile with Name, Qualification, Designation, Specialization, (D.Sc./D.Litt./Ph.D/M.Phil.etc.,)
Name Qualification Designation Specialization No. of years of Experience No. of Ph.D
Students guided for the last 4 years
Monica Jasmine Langhu Post Graduate Assistant Professor/ HOD Forestry 12 NIL
Mayanglambam Indubala Devi Post Graduate Assistant Professor Structure & Function of Agro-ecosystem 11 NIL
Dr.Thokchom Manimala Devi Ph.D. Assistant Professor States of India’s Environment 03 NIL
11. List of senior visiting faculty : NIL
12. Percentage of lectures delivered and practical classes handled(programme wise) by temporary faculty : NIL
13. Student – teacher ratio(Programme wise) : 13:1
14. Number of academic support staff(technical ) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled : NIL
15. Qualifications of teaching faculty with D.Sc/D.Litt/Ph.D/M.Phil/PG.
D.Sc D.Litt Ph.D M.Phil P.G
NIL NIL 1 NIL 2
16. Number of faculty with ongoing projects from
a) National : Dr.Thokchom Manimala Devi is undergoing a Major Project under UGC-NERO, Guwahati which will be completed by 2017.
b) International funding agencies and grants received : NIL
17. Departmental projects funded by DST-FIST;UGC,DBT,ICSSR,ETC. and total grants received : NIL
18. Research Centre/Facility recognized by the university : NIL
*Publication per faculty : 1(one)
* No. of papers published in peer reviewed journal : 6(six)
* No. of publications listed in International Database : NIL
* Monographs : NIL
* Chapters in books : NIL
* Booked Edited : NIL
* Books with ISBN : NIL
* SNIP : NIL
* SJR : NIL
* Impact factor : NIL
* h-Index : NIL
20. Areas of consultancy and income generated : NIL
21. Faculty as members in
a) National committees : NIL
b) International Committees : NIL
c) Editorial Boards : NIL
22. Students projects
a) Percentage of students who have done in-house projects including inter-departmental/programme : NIL
b) Percentage of students placed for projects in organizations outside the institution i.e. in Research Laboratories/Industry/other agencies : NIL
23. Awards/Recognitions received by faculty and students : Young Scientist Award,2007 (Dr.Th.Manimala Devi).
24. List of eminent academicians and scientists/visitors to the department : NIL
25. Seminars/Conferences/Workshops organized & the source of funding
a) National : NIL
b) International : NIL
26. Student profile programme/course wise:
Name of the course/programme Applications received Selected Enrolled Pass percentage
B.Sc I/II Semester 13 13 05 05
B.Sc III/IV Semester 25 25 12 13
*M = Male * F = Female
27. Diversity of students
Name of the course % of students from the same state % of students from other States % of students from abroad
B.Sc I/II Semester 100% NIL NIL
B.Sc III/IV Semester 100% NIL NIL
28. How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such as NET,SLET,GATE,CIVIL services,Defence services, etc.? : NA
29. Student progression : NA
Student progression Against % enrolled
UG to PG
PG to M. Phil.
PG to Ph. D
Ph. D to Post –Doctoral
● Campus selection
● Other than campus recruitment
* The Department does not have a mechanism to note the details of the above Data.
30. Details of Infrastructural facilities
a) Library : NIL
b) Internet facilities for Staff &Students : NIL
c) Class rooms with ICT facility : 1(one)
d) Laboratories assistance : 2 (1 Lab.Asst. & 1 Lab.Attd.)
31. Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies : Most of the students belong to ST, SC, OBC and MOBC and hence they enjoy all the financial assistance given by the government and other agencies.
32. Details on student enrichment programmes(special lectures/workshops/seminar) with external experts : NIL
33. Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning : Lectures, Collaborative Demonstrations & Tutorials.
34. Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility(ISR) and Extension activities : NSS Activities, Environmental Awareness Programmes.
35. SWOC analyses of the department and future plans.
• The Department has qualified teaching faculties.
• It has provision for more intact capacity of students.
• One faculty member, Monica Jasmine Langhu, HOD is the Co- Convernor of the College IQAC and actively participated in the over all development of the college.
• One faculty member, Dr. Th. Manimala, a member of the College Research Committee is taking UGC Major research Project and is also the Nodal Officer/Co-ordinator of B.Voc Degree Courses funded by UGC.
• No Departmental Library.
• Laboratory is not well equipped.
• No adequate ICT facilities.
• Inadequate space.
• To enlighten the students about the importance of Environment.
• To give awareness programmes on Environmental Issues.
• The Department incorporated with the syllabus of B.Voc Courses
• The Research Project funded by UGC are undergoing in the Department.
Irregularities of the students have to be looked into and solved for the betterment of the society,community,state etc.
• To have a Departmental Library.
• To organize State/National Seminars,Workshops & Conferences.
• To facilitate further enrichment for both the students and the teachers.