Department of EDUCATION
1. Name of the department : EDUCATION
2. Year of Establishment : 1981
3. Names of programmes/Courses offered(UG,PG,M.Phil.,Ph.D., Integrated Masters;Integrated Ph.D.,etc.) : UG
4. Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved : NIL
5. Annual/semester/choice based credit system(programme wise) : Semester system which was introduced in 2010.
6. Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments : NIL
7. Courses in collaboration with other universities,industries,foreign institutions,etc. : NIL
8. Details of courses/programmes discontinued (if any) with reasons : NIL
9. Number of teaching posts
Asst. Professors 6
10. Faculty profile with Name, Qualification, Designation, Specialization, (D.Sc./D.Litt./Ph.D/M.Phil.etc.,)
Name Qualification Designation Specialization No. of years of Experience No. of Ph.D
Students guided for the last 4 years
M. Birachandra Post Graduate Assistant Professor/ HOD Child Psychology 31 NIL
M. Nandini Post Graduate Assistant Professor Philosophical Education 28 NIL
Md. Manaowar Post Graduate Assistant Professor Educational Administration 28 NIL
Ng. Khosirngak Moyon Post
Graduate Assistant Professor Educational Supervision 11 NIL
Ng. Toshing Post Graduate/UGC-NET Assistant Professor Contemporary Education 05 NIL
M.Bonbihari Post Graduate Assistant Professor Development of Higher Education 05 NIL
11. List of senior visiting faculty : NIL
12. Percentage of lectures delivered and practical classes handled(programme wise) by temporary faculty : NIL
13. Student – teacher ratio(Programme wise) : 58:1
14. Number of academic support staff(technical ) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled : 1(one)
15. Qualifications of teaching faculty with D.Sc/D.Litt/Ph.D/M.Phil/PG.
D.Sc D.Litt Ph.D M.Phil P.G
NIL NIL NIL NIL 6
16. Number of faculty with ongoing projects from
a) National : One Minor Project sponsored by UGC–NERO, Guwahati has been completed in the year 2008 by Ng. Khosirngak Moyon.
b) International funding agencies and grants received : NIL
17. Departmental projects funded by DST-FIST;UGC,DBT,ICSSR,ETC. and total grants received : NIL
18. Research Centre/Facility recognized by the university : NIL
*Publication per faculty : NIL
* No. of papers published in peer reviewed journal : NIL
* No. of publications listed in International Database : NIL
* Monographs : NIL
* Chapters in books : NIL
* Booked Edited : NIL
* Books with ISBN : NIL
* SNIP : NIL
* SJR : NIL
* Impact factor : NIL
* h-Index : NIL
20. Areas of consultancy and income generated : NIL
21. Faculty as members in
a) National committees : NIL
b) International Committees : NIL
c) Editorial Boards : NIL
22. Students projects
a) Percentage of students who have done in-house projects including inter-departmental/programme : NIL
b) Percentage of students placed for projects in organizations outside the institution i.e. in Research laboratories/Industry/other agencies : NIL
23. Awards/Recognitions received by faculty and students : NIL
24. List of eminent academicians and scientists/visitors to the department : NIL
25. Seminars/Conferences/Workshops organized & the source of funding
a) National : NIL
b) International : NIL
26. Student profile programme/course wise:
Name of the course/programme Applications received Selected Enrolled Pass percentage
BA I/II Semester 142 142 70 72
BA III/IV Semester 129 129 77 52
BA V/VI Sem(Hons) 55 55 37 18 100%
BA V/VI Sem(Gen) 23 23 10 13 100%
*M = Male * F = Female
27. Diversity of students
Name of the course % of students from the same state % of students from other States % of students from abroad
BA Honors 100% NIL NIL
BA General 100% NIL NIL
28. How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such as NET,SLET,GATE,CIVIL services,Defence services, etc.? : NIL
29. Student progression
Student progression Against % enrolled
UG to PG
PG to M.Phil.
PG to Ph.D
Ph.D to Post –Doctoral
● Campus selection
● Other than campus recruitment
* The Department does not have a mechanism to note the details of the above Data.
30. Details of Infrastructural facilities
a) Library : NIL
b) Internet facilities for Staff &Students : NIL
c) Class rooms with ICT facility : 01
d) Laboratories assistance : 1 Lab. Attd.
31. Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies : Most of the students belong to ST, SC, OBC and MOBC and hence they enjoy all the financial assistance given by the government and other agencies.
32. Details on student enrichment programmes(special lectures/workshops/seminar) with external experts : NIL
33. Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning : Lecture Method
34. Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility(ISR) and Extension activities :
35. SWOC analyses of the department and future plans.
STRENGTH: The Department has qualified teachers. One of the teachers is undergoing Ph.D and have completed Minor Research Project. One of the teachers is NET Qualified. All the teachers have participated in Orientation Programme, Refresher Course, Workshops, Seminars. The department has a separate Laboratory Room. The department has conducted a Three Days Capacity Building Workshop on RTE ACT-2009 “Translating Policy into Practice” dated 12th to 14th 2014 organised by ASER and Education Department, SEMCO.
- The Department needs a pucca room.
- Inadequate practical equipments such as audio-visual aids, etc.
- Lack of a Departmental Library.
- Teachers have got the opportunity to participate in national/state Seminars, Workshops, Conference, Orientation, Refresher Course, etc.
- The college is located in a place where there are many villages nearby making it easier for most of the students to enrolled rather than to study in other far off colleges or institutions.
- The college offers employment for both teaching and non teaching.
- Despite of Bandh and Blockades, classes are conducted regularly to cover the syllabus within the stipulated time.
- In order to motivate the students, the teachers prepare daily lesson plan to be taught in the class.
- To enrich the Departmental Library and Laboratory.
- To organized more State/National Workshops & seminars.
- To organized educational tour periodically.
- To let all the teachers acquire Ph.D.