Department of ECONOMICS
1. Name of the department : Economics
2. Year of Establishment : 1981
3. Names of programmes/Courses offered(UG,PG,M.Phil.,Ph.D., Integrated Masters;Integrated Ph.D.,etc.) : UG
4. Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved : The teachers of the department teach in 3rd semester, two units- Population and agriculture in the Regional Development.
5. Annual/semester/choice based credit system(programme wise) : Semester system which was introduced in 2010.
6. Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments : NIL
7. Courses in collaboration with other universities,industries,foreign institutions,etc. : NIL
8. Details of courses/programmes discontinued (if any) with reasons : NIL
9. Number of teaching posts
Asst. Professors 6
10. Faculty profile with Name, Qualification, Designation, Specialization, (D.Sc./D.Litt./Ph.D/M.Phil.etc.,)
Name Qualification Designation Specialization No. of years of Experience No. of Ph.D
Students guided for the last 4 years
M.Thambalchou Singh M.Phil HOD/ Assistant Professor Banking 34 NIL
S.Padmini Devi Post Graduate Assistant Professor Econometrics 34 NIL
T.Shajou Singh Post Graduate Assistant Professor Growth & Structural Industries 32 NIL
N.Homeshor Singh M.Phil Assistant Professor Agriculture 25 NIL
N. Parthar Post Graduate Assistant Professor Agriculture 05 NIL
Kh.Brojen Post Graduate Assistant Professor Indian Agriculture 04 NIL
11. List of senior visiting faculty : NIL
12. Percentage of lectures delivered and practical classes handled(programme wise) by temporary faculty : NIL
13. Student – teacher ratio(Programme wise) : 12:1
14. Number of academic support staff(technical ) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled
15. Qualifications of teaching faculty with D.Sc/D.Litt/Ph.D/M.Phil/PG.
D.Sc D.Litt Ph.D M.Phil P.G
NIL NIL NIL 2 4
16. Number of faculty with ongoing projects from
a) National : Two Minor Projects has been completed by N.Homeshor Singh in the years 2008 and 2011 sponsored by UGC–NERO, Guwahati.
b) International funding agencies and grants received : NIL
17. Departmental projects funded by DST-FIST;UGC,DBT,ICSSR,ETC. and total grants received : NIL
18. Research Centre/Facility recognized by the university : NIL
*Publication per faculty : NIL
* No. of papers published in peer reviewed journal : NIL
* No. of publications listed in International Database : NIL
* Monographs : NIL
* Chapters in books : NIL
* Booked Edited : NIL
* Books with ISBN : NIL
* SNIP : NIL
* SJR : NIL
* Impact factor : NIL
* h-Index : NIL
20. Areas of consultancy and income generated : NIL
21. Faculty as members in
a) National committees : NIL
b) International Committees : NIL
c) Editorial Boards : NIL
22. Students projects
a) Percentage of students who have done in-house projects including inter-departmental/programme : NIL
b) Percentage of students placed for projects in organizations outside the institution i.e. in Research laboratories/Industry/other agencies : NIL
23. Awards/Recognitions received by faculty and students : NIL
24. List of eminentacademicians and scientists/visitors to the department : NIL
25. Seminars/Conferences/Workshops organized & the source of funding
a) National : NIL
b) International : NIL
26. Student profile programme/course wise:
Name of the course/programme Applications received Selected Enrolled Pass percentage
BA I/II Semester 26 26 16 10
BA III/IV Semester 27 27 18 09
BA V/VI Sem(Hons) 07 07 06 01 100%
BA V/VI Sem(Gen) 11 11 07 04 100%
*M = Male * F = Female
27. Diversity of students
Name of the course % of students from the same state % of students from other States % of students from abroad
BA General 100% NIL NIL
BA Honors 100% NIL NIL
28. How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such as NET,SLET,GATE,CIVIL services,Defense services, etc.? : NA
29. Student progression : NA
Student progression Against % enrolled
UG to PG
PG to M.Phil.
PG to Ph.D
Ph.D to Post –Doctoral
● Campus selection
● Other than campus recruitment
* The Department does not have a mechanism to note the details of the above Data.
30. Details of Infrastructural facilities
a) Library : NIL
b) Internet facilities for Staff &Students : NIL
c) Class rooms with ICT facility : NIL
d) Laboratories assistance : NA
31. Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies : Most of the students belong to ST, SC, OBC and MOBC and hence they enjoy all the financial assistance given by the government and other agencies.
32. Details on student enrichment programmes(special lectures/workshops/seminar) with external experts : NIL
33. Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning : Lecture method.
34. Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility(ISR) and Extension activities : Participated in different disciplines in sports, NSS, Social activities etc.
35. SWOC analyses of the department and future plans.
The department has 6 well-experienced and dedicated teachers. There are two M.Phil degree holders.
The department has no departmental library, no departmental classroom and non separate departmental room.
Teachers have got the opportunity to participate in seminars , workshops, refresher courses etc. Teachers can also take up Minor/Major Project Works.
Despite frequent bandhs/strikes in the state, extra classes are held to complete the syllabus.
i. To update departmental library and separate departmental room.
ii. To organize state/national seminars/workshops/refresher courses
iii. To ensure students feedback for improvement of the teaching.