DEPARTMENT OF ANTHROPOLOGY
1. Name of the department : Anthropology
2. Year of Establishment : 2003
3. Names of programmes/Courses offered(UG,PG,M.Phil.,Ph.D., Integrated Masters;
Integrated Ph.D., etc.) : UG
4. Names of Interdisciplinary courses and the departments/units involved : Regional Development Paper for 3rd Semester.
5. Annual/semester/choice based credit system (programme wise) : Semester system which was introduced in 2010.
6. Participation of the department in the courses offered by other departments : NIL
7. Courses in collaboration with other universities, industries, foreign institutions, etc. : NIL
8. Details of courses/programmes discontinued (if any) with reasons : NIL
9. Number of teaching posts
Asst. Professors 6
10. Faculty profile with Name, Qualification, Designation, Specialization, (D.Sc./D.Litt./Ph. D/M. Phil.etc.,)
Name Qualification Designation Specialization No. of years of Experience No. of
Students guided for the last 4 years
Dr. L. Khiloni Ph. D/UGC-NET Assistant Professor/ HOD Physical 12
Shanoi Moses Tarao Post Graduate Assistant Professor Social 12 NIL
L. Naomi M.Phil. Assistant Professor Social 12 NIL
Rimkung Mami Post Graduate Assistant Professor Physical 04 NIL
Ningson Primrose Post Graduate Assistant Professor Social 04 NIL
N. Golen Babu Singh Post Graduate Assistant Professor Social 04 NIL
11. List of senior visiting faculty : NIL
12. Percentage of lectures delivered and practical classes handled (programme wise) by temporary faculty : NIL
13. Student – teacher ratio (Programme wise) : 22:1
14. Number of academic support staff(technical ) and administrative staff; sanctioned and filled : 02 (Two)
15. Qualifications of teaching faculty with D. Sc/D. Litt/Ph. D/M. Phil/PG.
D. Sc D. Litt Ph. D M. Phil P.G
NIL NIL 1 1 4
16. Number of faculty with ongoing projects from
a) National : i). One Research Award and one Minor Project sponsored by UGC–
DELHI and UGC–NERO, Guwahati has been completed in the year
2011 and 2007 respectively by Dr. L. Khiloni.
ii). Shanoi Moses Tarao has completed one Minor Project sponsored
by UGC–NERO, Guwahati in 2011 and another project is still
b) International funding agencies and grants received : NIL
17. Departmental projects funded by DST-FIST; UGC, DBT, ICSSR, ETC. and total grants received : NIL
18. Research Centre/Facility recognized by the university : NIL
*Publication per faculty : 1(one)
* No. of papers published in peer reviewed journal :
Dr. L. Khiloni - 1 (One) International.
* No. of publications listed in International Database : NIL
* Monographs : NIL
* Chapters in books : NIL
* Booked Edited : NIL
* Books with ISBN : NIL
* SNIP : NIL
* SJR : NIL
* Impact factor : NIL
* h-Index : NIL
20. Areas of consultancy and income generated : NIL
21. Faculty as members in
a) National committees : NIL
b) International Committees : NIL
c) Editorial Boards : NIL
22. Students projects
a) Percentage of students who have done in-house projects including inter-departmental/programme : NIL
b) Percentage of students placed for projects in organizations outside the institution i.e. in Research Laboratories/Industry/other agencies : NIL
23. Awards/Recognitions received by faculty and students : NIL
24. List of eminent academicians and scientists/visitors to the department : NIL
25. Seminars/Conferences/Workshops organized & the source of funding
a) National : NIL
b) International : NIL
26. Student profile programme/course wise:
Name of the course/programme Applications received Selected Enrolled Pass percentage
B.Sc. I/II Sem.(1st Year) 35 35 19 16
B.Sc. III/IV Sem.(2nd Year) 93 93 45 48
B.Sc. V/VI Sem.(3rd Year) 08 08 08 - 100%
Total 136 136 72 64
*M = Male * F = Female
27. Diversity of students
Name of the course % of students from the same state % of students from other States % of students from abroad
B.Sc. I/II Sem.(1st Year) 100% NIL NIL
B.Sc. III/IV Sem.(2nd Year) 100% NIL NIL
B.Sc. V/VI Sem.(3rd Year) 100% NIL NIL
28. How many students have cleared national and state competitive examinations such
as NET,SLET,GATE,CIVIL services, Defence services, etc.? : NA
29. Student progression : NA
Student progression Against % enrolled
UG to PG
PG to M. Phil.
PG to Ph. D
Ph. D to Post –Doctoral
● Campus selection
● Other than campus recruitment
* The Department does not have a mechanism to note the details of the above Data.
30. Details of Infrastructural facilities
a) Library : NIL
b) Internet facilities for Staff &Students : NIL
c) Class rooms with ICT facility : 1(one)
d) Laboratories assistance : 1 Lab. Attd. & 1 Lab. Asst.
31. Number of students receiving financial assistance from college, university, government or other agencies : Most of the students belong to ST, SC, OBC and MOBC and hence they enjoy all the financial assistance given by the government and other agencies.
32. Details on student enrichment programmes(special lectures/
workshops/seminar) with external experts : Nil
33. Teaching methods adopted to improve student learning : Collaborative, Lecture & Illustration Method.
34. Participation in Institutional Social Responsibility (ISR) and Extension activities
: NSS Programme.
35. SWOC analyses of the department and future plans.
i) Teachers of the department are co-operative, punctual and faithful in performing their duties.
ii) One of the teachers had completed Post Doctoral Research Work, awarded by UGC in 2009 which is meant for college teachers only.
iii) Two of the teachers had completed one each of Minor Research Project sponsored by UGC.
i) Lack of teachers in one of the specializations i,e, Prehistoric Archeology.
ii) Inadequate Practical equipments especially in Prehistoric Archeology.
iii) No Departmental Museum.
i) To develop and uplift the underprivileged groups of society as majority of the students are from ST, SC and OBC categories.
ii) To enhance knowledge on various communities of the surrounding areas through Fieldwork conducted for Project Work undertaken for the students.
iii) To have good relationship with different communities/societies through fieldwork for project, dialogues, interactions, participating in the social programmes, etc.
i) To encourage students to opt for Anthropology and develop the subject.
ii) Teachers to be trained in such a way that they are capable of teaching the students irrespective of their specializations.
iii) Initiate to have a Departmental Museum.
iv) To mould and produce capable and bright students to bring Quality Education.