- Except in special cases, the period of teaching days shall be from 2nd July to 28th February.
- Normally, Examinations shall be conducted from March to May.
TEACHING – LEARNING AND EVALUATION
The college follows the following teaching-learning and evaluation process.
- Teaching plan of a teacher shall include teachings, instructions and practicals in class works, group discussions, class tests, home assignments and field works.
- Evaluated answer scripts of class tests and home assignment etc. shall be returned to the students with corrections and comments.
- Improvement measures shall be taken up for slow learners.
Assessment of students
Selection and admission of students
PERFORMANCE OF TEACHERS AND STUDENTS
The performance of both the teachers and students are evaluated continuously by the Governing Body through a steering co-ordinator.
The evaluation of the performance of the teachers shall be on the following basis:
- Communication skills of the teacher in terms of articulation and comprehensibility.
- Interest generated by the teacher.
- The ability of the teacher to integrate course material with environment and other issues.
- Accessibility of the teacher in and out of the class (includes availability of the teacher to motivate outside class discussions).
- Ability of the teacher to design quizzes/ examinations/ assignments/projects to test understanding of the course.
- Provision of sufficient timely feedback.
- Knowledge base of the teacher.
- Sincerity/commitment of the teacher.
- Well preparation of the teacher for the class.
- Encouragement of students’ participation in the class.
The following extension activities are taken up with the participation of the students and teachers:
- Community Development.
- Health and Hygiene Awareness.
- Aids Awareness.
- Environment Awareness.
- Human Rights.